Stay Woke

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say IM A HUMAN BEING DAMNIT!! MY LIFE HAS VALUE!!" - (some dude on New AmErykah)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Configuration of a HO

In my dimensions of Racism class today we learned about the Hip Hop the factors beyond the rhymes. One of the topics talked about were black women and how they are being objectified by black men. (And white men for that matter. The white CEO's of the record companies that put out this "gangsta" rap know what sells and (as my teacher says) just like in slave days the black woman's body is her selling point. Always has been and probably always will be) They asked some black men at Spring Bling, a BET celebration of black music, why they felt that certain women were ho's and bitches. They, the men, responded by saying that women, real women, do not dress like the women they were groping in the streets. Those women were bitches and ho's and deserved to be fucked and ducked (sorry for the language but this topic is deep for me and I do not want to block out any language). WOW! Is all I muster out of my mouth. I mean don't get me wrong most of these women were walking out of the hotel with nothing on. LITERALLY! But then there were other women who were actually dressed and expressed to the disrespectful "boys" that they did not want to be touched or groped. They were fondled anyway. Sad.
So here's my question...
What defines a ho and/or a bitch?
The way they dress or their actions?
Can I wear short shorts and still conduct myself in a lady like manner?
Is there any way that a woman could be sexy and not slutty?
Or is a sexy woman a slut?
I don know. You tell me. I'm soOo Confused.

No comments: