Stay Woke

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say IM A HUMAN BEING DAMNIT!! MY LIFE HAS VALUE!!" - (some dude on New AmErykah)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Observation

I'm watching him sleep with his son. So peaceful as Christina plays in the background. Am I ready for this? He's been staying here and I'm loving every minute of his presence. Loving every minute of his smile. Loving the way he makes me smile. Not ready to love him though. Conflicting emotions about whats right and whats wrong run through my mind all the time. Actually its more like whats socially acceptable and whats not. Trying to do me and not listen to outside influences but, I can't help but think about others comments on the relationship. But the way he makes me smile... he definitely infatuates me (which is slightly different from being infatuated). I ask again, "Am I ready for this commitment." I've already dug my hole and put one foot in. I'm not saying I regret that decision I'm just a tad bit susceptible about whether or not I can fulfill all of his, mine, our expatiation's. He doesn't seem phased by the uncertainty though. Taking it one day at a time is the motto he seems to follow. Am I wrong for wanting to look towards the future and feeling uncertain? Confusion as I type. Confusion as I watch him and his son sleep in the same position, calm as the Christina plays in the background.

3 comments:

B Harg. said...

You gotta do whats best for you... follow your heart. It's always easy for someone to give advice when they're standing outside of a situation.

I'm only a call away.

Miss Mac said...

be mindful of what others say. dont take it for gospel or as instruction. but if you know that what someone is telling you is from a place of concern or love or SOLELY looking out for your best interest then be mindful. A commitment is giving a piece of yourself to another. (I jus figured that out) be OK wit you and make sure that when you give that piece that your giving your best self. The self that is content with herself and READY to give to another.

I Love You.....ditto wat Bonita said

Amachi said...

thanks boo's