Stay Woke

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say IM A HUMAN BEING DAMNIT!! MY LIFE HAS VALUE!!" - (some dude on New AmErykah)

Friday, March 21, 2008

Electro-Compulsive Theory

So... this is Brandi (aka: Bonita Applebum)
You were hoping for Ms. Strickland? Too bad.

Seriously though, we're all sitting around.. chilling.. singing the lyrics to songs off key in a major way while Brandi walks around screaming about the hair color she's trying to set in, ranting about how she wants to look like Beyonce [and not end up with my hair color lol].

&& it hits me as I'm listening to Still in Love by 112.
This is therapy.

It's just that simple. The company of those who will make you laugh. The ones who will sit around with you while you have no purpose in life at that moment in time, and still make you feel worth the while. This is the healing process. This is how we recover. Let me speak for myself, this is how I recover. And, it's really not that bad. I can't front. I have moments, but when I'm in good company, I'm reminded that things really aren't that difficult. It's another day, another lesson learned. Back to losing myself in the music and the moment...

The Other One

Hope Brandi plans on telling ya'll about her OD moment in the SAC and on the way to 1300. I'll just call it, "The words of a Black Woman who knows her political stance and the power of her vote."

No comments: