Stay Woke

"You've got to get mad! You've got to say IM A HUMAN BEING DAMNIT!! MY LIFE HAS VALUE!!" - (some dude on New AmErykah)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

For the Cuddy C

I have realized that some people who I thought were close to me are not. People who I thought, thought highly of me, do not. And people who I thought I could trust I cannot.
We live in a country where the right to choose your own path of life is supposedly suppose to be highly respected. So respect this, I CHOOSE TO DO ME. Instead of electing officials who will make my decisions about laws that I will have to abide by; I vote to create my own democracy. No middle man. I do not have to and will no longer consult/ imaginarily elect others before making my decisions. I was once a baby bird scared to leave the nest and now I realize that my wings are strong enough to fly high. Over all others and depend on nothing but God’s creation of gravity to keep me there.
A friend of mine just came to this realization. Took him a while to understand that really all he has is himself, and I’m elated that he had that break through. Taking time to reminisce on life is what life is about! Morality grows/forms from the revelations of experiences.
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates

No comments: